Here is the adapted Ooey Gooey recipe:
1. Mix 2 cups water and 1 ½ cups Elmers glue in a big bowl.
2. Add a squirt of liquid water color and then stir it up.
3. In a separate small bowl mix together: 2 cups water and 3 TBS Borax. (*Tip: the original recipe calls for 4 TBS...I've found that to be too much. The flubber comes out more stiff with too much borax. 3 TBS is better!)
4. After it’s completely dissolved, pour the Borax mixture SLOWLY and A LITTLE AT A TIME into the glue and water mixture. (NOTE: You will NOT need to use all this Borax Solution--I have found that you use about half...which means there is just enough left for a second batch)
Pour a little, mix it a little, pour a little, mix a little. Mix with your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon (*Tip: If you mix with your hands, it will at first feel like sticking your hands into a big bowl of mucus. Gross, I know...but I've found that mixing with your hands is better than using a spoon.) As you mix, it will become a flubber ball!
5. Store it in an airtight container or ziploc for a few weeks. Play with it, stretch it, roll it, bounce it...
|Blow flubber bubbles with straws.|
|Explore flubber with scissors|
|Ellie showing me how the flubber sticks to the bowl.|
|Add river stones|