Saturday, June 25, 2011

Plastic bottle bubble makers

As much as I love taking pictures and blogging, I love to read other blogs more. 
I am obsessed. 
Addicted. 
I read blogs on my half-hour lunch break! 
I love it! 

That being said, it should be no surprise that this next idea came from blogging. Child Central Station posted about their home-made plastic bottle bubble makers, and I had to give it a try. 

The prep was easy. Drink soda and water. Save the bottles. After you rinse them out, cut them in half. I used a long bread knife, and it took me about two minutes to cut through them all. You need the top half of the bottles for the bubble makers, a piece of cloth, and a rubber band.

Instead of cloth, I reused packaging netting from food and toy bags. I never throw anything away, I tell you!
It's that simple! 
I filled the sensory table with a thin layer of bubble solution, bubble wands, and our bubble makers.
They experimented with the best way to blow...some found out pretty quickly that if you put your mouth on the opening, it doesn't taste very good!
It works much better if you blow through the hole from a small distance.
Rodney stuck with it for the entire duration of free play time.
I love the concentration I see going on here as he experiments with the best way to blow.
 

Success!
 Happy playing!

I Can Teach My Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment! Happy playing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...